20th Anniversary Special Offering –
Greetings from Montana –
This year marks a big anniversary for my bicycle company Kirk Frameworks. On June 3rd 2003, Kirk Frameworks was incorporated…that means it’s time to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. To do this I have decided to offer a special 20th Anniversary frameset. But what would it be? It needs to be special and unique and that really left just one option – Gothic Fillets. I designed and engineered the webbed fillet process and built the very first Gothic Fillet frame in 2016, and since then I’ve made less than a handful of them due to the extreme amount of time required to build them. I’m proud to say that an unpainted Gothic Fillet Frameset won the Best Fillet prize at the 2017 NAHBS in Salt Lake City.
But what color would my partner Joe Bell paint it? This was easier – I selected my favorite JB color, Legnano Green. It’s a lustrous and complex color that recalls classic bikes of yesteryear but with JB’s own spin. The color looks liquid and a foot deep and will show off the fillet shapes perfectly. Simple, elegant, and beautiful.
Here are the defining features of the 20th frameset –
– Gothic Fillet frame and fork set. Tubing is a proprietary mix of Reynolds 853 Pro and special Kirk fork blades, chainstays and seat stays that Reynolds makes just for Kirk Frameworks. Each frameset will be fully custom to fit the owner.
– Framesets will be built with my curved Terraplane seat stays and will utilize rim brakes.
– Stainless dropouts and stainless brake bridge all with custom 20th engraving.
– Joe Bell with paint them Legnano Green and hand number them.
– Framesets will feature a custom nickel and sterling silver head badge made by Jen Green for the 20th bikes. Each badge is numbered with that particular bike’s serial number.
– Unique 20th graphics designed by Massive Studios here in lovely Bozeman, Montana.
There are a few no-cost options –
– The Frameset can be built to work with a traditional mechanical groupset, Sram eTap or Shimano Di2.
– Framesets can be built to work with a short reach rim brake (for up to a 30 mm tire) or for a medium reach brake to fit up to a 35 mm tire.
I am offering just five of these custom Gothic Fillet 20th Anniversary framesets. After these framesets are built, Gothic Fillets will no longer be available and Legnano Green will be retired and no longer available on any of my work.
The price for the 20th Anniversary Gothic Fillet frame and fork set is $7900. If you are interested in my building a 20th Anniversary bike for you here’s how to make that happen –
– Please contact me by email ASAP to express your interest. I will respond with instructions on how to send a $2000 non-refundable deposit. email@example.com
– Existing Kirk Frameworks customers have first option to purchase. If after 10 days there are any available slots, ordering will be opened to the general public. First come, first served based on the day and time your email is received.
– Clients will be asked for their top three number choices of the framesets (1 – 5) and first choice will go to the first depositer and then down the line.
– I plan to start metal work on these framesets in the next few months and hope to deliver them at the end of 2023 or early 2024.
Attached are a few photos showing the shape of the Gothic Fillet joints and JB’s Legnano Green. These are not photos of actual Anniversary bikes as they will be made to order and don’t currently exist. Instead, they give a feel for the joint shape and color to be used.
Honestly, it’s hard to process that I’ve been walking into my garage and making bikes to ship all over the world for the past 20 years…a full one-third of my life has been making Kirks and I have to say I feel so very fortunate. One thing’s for sure – I wouldn’t have made it 1 year, let alone 20, without the help and support of so many people. There’s no way I can list everyone but I would be remiss if I didn’t list some of the most consequential. A huge thanks go out to: Ben Serotta, Kelly Bedford, Carl Strong, Joe Bell, Paragon Machine Works, Screen Specialty Shop, Reynolds of England, Ceeway, Jen Green, Ben Bennett, and my wife Karin Kirk…without her never-ending love and support this would have been over before it started. And lastly, I owe thanks to the hundreds of Kirk customers over the past 20 years that kept me working at the bench. Thank you so very much for the trust and the business.
I look forward to hearing from you and to putting my heart into these five special 20th Anniversary bikes. Thanks again for everything.
Kirk Frameworks Co.
Share this Article: